Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. It seems incongruous to recommend using TheBrain as a file manager while putting a cap on the amount of available space for syncing attachments on the webbrain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dhZx_iG54U

Please give us more storage space for attachments on our webbrain accounts. Free space would be wonderful, but even a paid option for more space would be a help.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Upon import of OPML, text entries are not imported. Only outline headings import but content does not.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. a pain to keep using menus to assign a thought type for ones i constantly reuse. Why not have a "paintbrush" like that in Word to quickly copy a thought type from one thought to other by using the paintbrush. A real time-saver

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=1999967

Creating a small radar or overview window for an entire brain structure in expanded view (possibly outline view as well) would help improve the ability to scroll around and navigate large brain structures.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd like to see an option to freeze and rotate the expanded view. I used the view alot to focus and expand on thoughts and relations I've created between. Whether for learning, memorizing, analysing...this view is fantastic. However, sometimes the float and drift works again being able to lock a view or turn off the floating action for a static arrangement of data as I see it. Then being able to rotate the views (3D-like?) for new perspectives and insight would be great. I don't know how hard this would be or how much demand there is, but this would…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'm working with my Brain on two different computers and on one them sometimes on the laptop's own screen and sometimes on the large screen connected to the docking station. The way I like to have the layout on the large screen is very different from the layout I use on the laptop's limited screen size. If I could save the different layouts with different names and select them like I can do with themes that would be cool!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When input something requiring explicit ordering, auto numbering of children Thoughts can be very convenient, instead of putting the numbers by hand one by one.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow a checkbox icon to be added/removed from a thought via right-click menu! This would be very useful in "checking" off tasks or any other items where you want want to quickly see the ideas/tasks/thought-chains/etc. you have already explored or acted on.
    This feature can be simply added or removed via the right click menu for any thought that needs it.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As per current design of PB5, it is not possible to show children thoughts more than once in an expanded outline view. So, if let's say "Marc" is a child thought of "Friends" and "Students", in expanded outline view "Marc" will only be shown as a child thought of "Friends". Thus, displaying thoughts in a comprehensive hierarchical fashion (as it is the case for instance in the outline view in MS Word) is not possible in the current version of PB. I would suggest to have an option in PB applying to the outline view which allows the user to…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PB by design does everything on the horizontal, from thoughts to tools, including HTML notes in that odd wide screen. Now that we can move our tools to the sides, the horizontal dimension is crammed. PB should try to show the active thought in its entirety by word-wrapping it in a rounded rectangle, rather than truncating it. Just a more intensive use of center space.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When expanding the plex frame on the web, I'd like to see the text expanding to fit the new expanded size ... this is for doing online presentations from sitebrain.

It would also be great to have a mouse controlled and +/- expansion as with the installed software on the PC too.

Thanks

Nick

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Expanded views appear to be saved as one long list, that turns an otherwise great tool into a gimmick because you can't really manage large numbers of expanded views. Introducing folders seems the simplest option but if you could drag references to views onto the plex that would also work. Its the only thing which makes it impossible for me to use PB as both a mind mapping and organisational tool.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Wouldn't it be useful if you can expand out the Outline View, and you can click on (or select or activate) each thought without the Outline View changing (zooming in)?

This would be really useful "option" so that we can read through the thoughts like chapters of a book and have the full thoughts structure in front of us.

Currently, when I click into a thought, it zooms in, and my view has changed.

Having this option would be great when we holistically review our brains.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. support simple cut and paste of thoughts within and between brains (i.e. not just COPY and paste)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Exporting site brain to publish my brain on my website does NOT include the ICONS. This not only is not documented, but negates the entire objective of using ICONS as a picture says a thousand words. This is a very critical issue as It prevents me from doing business. If is not often I ask for the community help, but this is really critical!
    boblevy@inf2know.com

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Besides the fact that I want to really own my thoughts (possible only through export that would preserve a data and links), I'd like to be able to select any thought as the central node in the newly created hierarchical mindmap (e.g. MindManager). This would help me to spin off
    'what if' mind map scenarios from my growing PersonalBrain repository. Easy 2 way import/export would facilitate being able to engage in different modes of thought and collaboration as the situation requires.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Personal Tags to be interoperable with MetaTags, outside of Personal Brain. i.e., search for tags throughout system (both inside and outside of Personal Brain).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it possible to assign a tag that is 'context-specific' - the context being the link(s) to other thoughts. Here's an example: I'd like to tag an activity (such as sailing) as an Interest, a Skill, a Profession, etc. In my case, it's an Interest; in George's case, it's a Profession. Both links David>Sailing and George>Sailing should point to the same thought - Sailing; but I'd like to be able to do a tag display showing Profession(s) that would show Sailing as a result. Then if I clicked on that tagged result, I'd see the people for whom Sailing is…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to be able to show views of a Brain with different types of links. I might choose "type-subtype;" "part-whole;" and "and," "or", "xor," and "not." If I hide all "type-subtype" links, I wouldn't be able to see the subtypes of a given thought, just the thoughts on other links.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?