Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

240 results found

1. A reply was given on another suggestion that implied that in Version 9 the user will not be able to choose the storage directory for their Brain.

Please do not implement this. It will make it impossible to store my brain files on a USB stick or on a corporate shared drive. It will also cause problems on systems with unusual hard disc set ups or UNIX machines where directories are mounted differently.

I appreciate that your intention is probably to drive people onto your synchronisation service but sometimes this cannot be used for other reasons, such as confidentiality of…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I believe the following would be VERY easy to add

Currently, when you select a thought, you can go to the “Thought” tab and select “Open Thought Folder” (or Ctrl-Shift-F). This action opens the OS explorer on the selected thought folder. This feature is handy to drag-and-drop files into the thought folder. This feature is NOT handy for saving files that are already open.

When files are already open in other apps, you can’t drag-and-drop them, but you can save them. An example is an attachment from an Email, or any document you created from an app such as Word…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello. Please and possibility to work without internet with TheBrain on android devices. Thanks for great app

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ... or change the layout or make another design so that the following does not happen

When I want to edit the thought name the cursor might move over another thought (name field is very close to recent thoughts anyway)
    and I edit the wrong thought without realizing at first what happened. After I move the cursor again it is difficult to fix this action.

An undo shortcut can also come in handy in this case and several others.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. • Security
    • Portability
    • Economy

Corporate cloud services are limited with todays limited bandwidths, unstable mobile connections. And, local storage is far more affordable - and if needed can be made accessible very easy if needed.

Not offering local sync simply is a no go.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The TheBrain iPhone app is a good idea but currently it's nearly unusable because it hits the internet for every single operation, including just navigating between thoughts or adding a new thought. This can be very slow and run up data charges. Please make the iPhone app usable offline once a subscription has been verified. Cloud-based brains should be synchronised opportunistically in the same way they are in the desktop app.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the real world, it is often the case that associations between people or entities change with time. For example if an employee was assigned to different project, or a member of a board retires, etc.

Thoughts describing these associations must reflect the real worl. So if an employee was assigned to a different project, the thought representing the employee will be linked to the thought representing the new project, and the link connecting the employee to the old project will be deleted.

But what if changes of these associations were valuable information. What if it is important to know…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While not exactly what was requested, TheBrain 9 does include History feature that shows every change that was made to a Thought over time (what thoughts were unlinked, name changes, label changes, etc.).

8. The fact that images only seem to be able to captured in thoughts as attachments is a HUGE oversight...

Yes you can have one per thought as some sort of preview but to adequately explain a concept I want to be able to have inline images separated by text.

Evernote does this perfectly well which is why I have failed in my attempts to move away from it. This is a real shame because TheBrain's structure /visual mind mapping aspect is it's real selling point.

Nothing depresses me more to see that this basic UI requirement hasn't even made it…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. REASON: If a thought is distant it would have a smaller and faded (but readable) presence compared with the active thought.

I believe earlier versions of TheBrain had this.

EXAMPLE: Active Thought: Font size = 16, 1 thought away = 14, two thoughts away 12, three thoughts away 10, Four = 8.

And make the HUE fade towards grey the farther away the thought is.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently it's not possible to use Dragon NatuallySpeaking speech recognition software to input thoughts, text or instructions. This would be an enormous timesaver for inputting information and updating the Brain.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please increase the height of the Instant Activation to allow more than 7 rows to be shown. Maybe a new option could be created to allow users to set the maximum height.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I had posted this as an idea but was not clear that I expected an iPhone App that could Synch with "Brains in the Cloud" Thus having Cloud based Brains is a key step but did not "Complete" My original idea. An iPhone App would be able to take full advantage of the iPhone UI and Multi Finger controls.

Thus the repost

2,427 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. this would allow you to launch files attached to a thought that did not have center stage or focus. This would be very helpful to me when viewing all thoughts related to a particular TAG, which I find useful for project management. That way you do not have to change the thought layout just to open an attachment

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently the ENTER key opens the extended search. While a nice feature I use it a lot less then the instant search and select an thought from the found results list.

I prefer to have the ENTER key open the first thought in that list than opening the much less used extended search.

The extended search would still be available by using TAB key and then the ENTER key so it is more a choose which might by optional in the preferences.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. paste unformatted text into note by pressing ctrl+shift+v like in evernote

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i want to export a group of thoughts out as a picture such as gif.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To allow comparison of notes associated with different Thoughts it would be good if it were possible to opt for selection two or more thoughts at one time and to then display all the associated Notes for those thoughts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, tags are only differentiated by the name of the tag, there is no heirarchy or classification of tags. If at least two levels of tags were available, lots of functionality becomes available. For example, you could have a tag type of 'Release date', and then have the tag specify a date. You could in this way also implement what some have asked for in the 'Timeline' request(s). This is just one example of the possibilities.

478 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'd like to be able to link to PB from a thought URL in another application. In other words, I'd like to drop a thought URL into a Word doc or a OneNote note and then click on it to open PB at that thought.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?