Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

8 results found

1. When travelling overseas I'm subject to heavy roaming charges and limited data allocations - BUT I keep everything in my PB.

You've now created the iOS app, thank you! Please add the option to save and run locally. That will enable me to load up at the office, update in the field, and sync when I'm back to base.

That would be a HUGE improvement over scrounging for a wi-fi hotspot or blowing my entire data allowance on background checking a lead.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am a medical doctor using personal brain in my daily work as my knowledgebase. A feature that i miss direly is the possibility to search thoughts connected to a given set of thoughts.

For instance i would like to find all the thought (diseases) that are connected to all (and not just any) of the following thoughts (symptoms):
    -chest pain
    -shortness of breath
    -Pain associated with breathing

Where the brain would return/show:
    -Myocardial infarction
    -Pulmonary embolism
    -Pleuritis
    -Aortic dissection

This would greatly increase the associative power of the personal brain when the screen is not cluttered with all the…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Double click within the search box should open up a short history of previous searches. That way you won't have to re-enter the same term over and over while searching.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Could we have an option in preferences that if checked would prompt the user if he/she wanted to sync the brain before PB closes?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would love to be able to email and/or text a Thought or Note into my Brain while away from my PC. As one learns to use PB to manage one's creativity, tasks, "life," there may be times when an item comes up that belongs in the PB. I'd love to be able to email or text it in to my PB, even if it defaulted to a "holding Thought" of some sort.

1,169 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  28 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be useful to be able to two or more identical thoughts, hit merge, the two become one. The two thoughts are merged, the thoughts links, notes, are merged. The two thoughts do not even need to be identical.

If types are used and both thoughts are in the same family then the the most generic thought type will be used. If the thought types are dissimilar then the user can select either of the type for the merged thought, or accept the use a new system created hyphenated type, or they can enter their own type. I guess…

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a new report in TheBrain 9 that locates thoughts with the same name so that they can be merged or otherwise adjusted. A “merge thoughts” capability is planned.

This command will be included in the next major release, version 12.

7. We already have the option to move a file into a Brain, rather than simply provide a shortcut. Webpages are transitory and it is entirely possible for a link to a web page to fail. It would be really helpful if the web page could also be imported into the Brain, providing a 'hard copy'.

100 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Personal Brain is one of the most advanced 'mind mapping and beyond' software titles I have ever seen. Yet, when it comes to customization of the look of the nodes, it's at the very bottom.

• one can either set color of node background or font... come on it's XXI century :-) on the top of that, I have to make 4 or 5 clicks before I set the color and I can't seem to set color for multiple selected nodes

• per node font type and size... again, it's XXI century :-)

• nodes with multiple lines of text... I need to…

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TheBrain 9 now allows setting of both text and background color. Using tags, it is possible to include multiple icons on a thought.

Future plans include the ability to have multi-line thoughts and differing text sizes. This is fairly complex to do unfortunately since much of TheBrain’s dynamic capability is built around automated layout of thoughts, which is difficult when they can be of variable height.

• Don't see your idea?