Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. Currently saved extended layouts are not synchronized via webbrain, they can only be transferred between computers via BrainZips.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For example, I have a thought called "inflammation" it has eight child thoughts with links of type: four "subtypes" and four "components". Because of the spelling of the thoughts, all of them are mixed up and disorganized. This happens very frequently.

For better thought organization and readability, I would like for thoughts to be alphabetized first by their link type; second by the text of the link type (i.e. "exudate" [Action link type - Causes] -> acute inflammation), so that "Causes" does not cause the associated child thought to be mis-grouped with other thought types and better organizes among other…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I realize this has been posted before but was done without a good rationale.

Humans are first pattern/image/symbol recognizers. Text is only a 2ndary learned skill. Every car, cola and other product companies know this! Civil engineers for street signs know this. That's why they push there ICONS first! (ask TheBrain's VP Ms. Shelley Hayduk, she has a psychology degree).

If a Brain has the choice of purely a symbol of image, with option text, the processing through a Brain's web would be infinitely more intuitive, a grab concepts easier. And image if some of the symbols were 3d?! that…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. BrainEKP has the ability to add discussions to thoughts - this makes total sense. I'd like to see this feature percolate down the TheBrain and TeamBrain.

while I don't want this idea to be a discussion about Rizzoma (reinvention of Google Wave) - I do want to acknowledge I am attaching Rizzoma pages to thoughts as a workaround.

I would love to see a tighter integration and really feel if all of us got in the habit of creating "thought hyperlinks" in our discussions, it would add to the connectedness of our brains.

even better yet, you can imagine TheBrain…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The idea can be summarized in adding two options to open a brain depending on the thought’s privacy. First option is to open the brain privately and this will show all the thoughts in the brain. The second option is to open the brain publicly (this will be much more useful for presentation mode) in this case the brain will only show the thoughts marked as public and will hide the thoughts marked as privet.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to to have my brains and their attachments all saved in my google drive account. This will make it more safe and secure.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. TheBrain should have option to dynamically:

• Create new thought,
    • Change existing thought content (entire or partially),
    • Create childe, parent and jump link,
    • Change childe, parent and jump link,
    • Change link thickness, label content of the link, link colour and One-way status,

By the scheduled Brain XML import / export option it should be achieved very easily.

Looking forward to see TheBrain feedback.

Cheers,
    Simon

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For those of us who have extensive Diigo libraries, it would be great to import them into TheBrain.

Second step would be if we could do the import every so often, and it would only add the Diigo entries that hadn't previously been imported. Then we could continue to use both tools in their own way...still love Diigo page markup capabilities, and would like to continue using those.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Would be great to have
    - rename
    - delete
    - move
    thoughts on iPhone and iPad
    :-)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great to have some way to automate processes, based on other services and have the brain be part or even the center of the application eco system. Have Todo items from Todoist or send to it, add items added to pocket automatically to the brain based on it's tags, etc ...

Reference:
    http://forums.thebrain.com/post/zappier-or-ifttt-microsoft-flow-integration-10139725?pid=1308571173

Similar to IFTTT Integration:
    https://thebrain.uservoice.com/forums/4597-thebrain-feature-suggestions/suggestions/4090785-ifttt-integration

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When an Outlook email is dropped into PB the text shows in PB Notes. Can the notes in a Calendar or Task event, dropped into PB, also be similarly be shown?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Personal Brain 5.0 has added some great capabilities in the area of node layout (save expanded views, outline view etc.) bit it still feels 'cluttered'. I think that these simple changes would make the graphs more appealing.

• Mouse wheel drag (with keyboard shortcut) to increase/decrease distance between nodes, e.g. child nodes and parent, horizontal, vertical, sibblings etc.

• Ability to hide link and node types. I'm not implying a more advanced filtering, but simply keep everything, but if link or node are of this type - make them invisible, don't draw them.

• Node layouts - especially in outline view, top down,…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'd like to have more precise statistics : how many thoughts of such a type or how many links of that one ...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I need a way to be able to collect individual attachments from multiple thoughts into one location.

The example is that I have many individual thoughts for employee ID photos. As it is now I have to select all those thoughts, copy, paste into new brain. Open Explorer and search for the file type in that brains directory to collect all the attachments. Perhaps we can have a context menu item in the selection pane that allows us to "collect attachments" under one thought as COPIES. The thought could be the parent or a newly created jump thought to the…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=3150268

I realize there are several items listed here but this is kind of an all or nothing request.

1. Smart Thoughts should be able to have parent and jump thoughts as a part of the normal brain structure.
    2. Normal thoughts should be able to be converted into Smart Thoughts by selecting which tag(s) the Smart Thought applies to in the Thought Properties dialog.
    3. Clicking on a tag in the Tags tab should NOT automatically open that tag's Smart Thought (maybe double click instead?). Having the Smart Thought automatically open adds needless extra navigation editing the tag properties.
    5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to import external txt files (txt, rtf, html, xml, ...) into PB as thought automatically copies its content (or portion of it) inside notes panel.
    If files are changed, content is updated on request or on thought selection.
    Advantages:
    1) files are left in their original folder structure, available for editing with other applications
    2) by using relative links, external files can be 'ported' together brain file
    3) user could navigate external files as thoughts linked to the other PB thoughts and immediately read the content (as snapshot or portion of it for quick navigation, then as full updated…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show the Note text on the Plex window, when the mouse moves over to the Note indication Icon, which is on the right hand side. Show the Note text the same way as the images are shown on the left hand side.

It would be nice to use the whole window for the Plex view during read-only browsing the Brain.

In a big brain, having more space for the Plex window is crucial. And when you are just browsing, you do not really need the Tool box window.

Unfortunately, you have to show the Tool box if you want to…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For Outlook drag-and-drop items, the Personal Brain should have a user-defined switch in the options area to allow the user to decide if a simple drag produces a copy (internal) or a link to the item within Outlook. Currently, a simple drag without holding down a key produces a link to Outlook within PB5.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 5 votes
    Vote