Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. The most worst scenario will be if your second brain is running well and you operate on the PKM mastery, that some Windows/Libary update will distroy the access of all your ideas, thoughts and connections.
    PB free versions should be able (also with old brains) to export all thoughts and especially also the links and attachements into a folder hierarchy with plain text files. So in this worsed scenario with a licenc free and without any software activation process it will be possible to see and search over your ideas, thoughts and connections with some third party tools, to continue…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am missing the possibility to find an explanation of words. Strangely enough in this interface for the suggestion of new ideas when you double click on a word an explanation box is presented and in case you want more you can have google translate activated.

I have Grammarly active but apparently, this does not work in notes of Thebrain. It would be great if that could be allowed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create an item in the TimeLine - we can colour code them, but to have the colour scheme correlate with the Thought Type would be useful.

eg Events, or Meetings (as Though Types) would be colour coded in the TimeLine too. Maybe as a toggle option. Be super helpful from a graphical perspective imho!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. One essential feature I think it is not difficult to implement: Create Thoughts from selected text in Notes. They will be Child of the selected thought. We could also have a way to Turn On "Create Thought from Selected Text". Extremely useful and productive.

This way we can separate important topics as Child Thoughts, analyze a subject or article, etc. If the selected text, becomes a Link for the Thought it will even be better and add value (this can be an Option for the feature).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great to have some way to automate processes, based on other services and have the brain be part or even the center of the application eco system. Have Todo items from Todoist or send to it, add items added to pocket automatically to the brain based on it's tags, etc ...

Reference:
    http://forums.thebrain.com/post/zappier-or-ifttt-microsoft-flow-integration-10139725?pid=1308571173

Similar to IFTTT Integration:
    https://thebrain.uservoice.com/forums/4597-thebrain-feature-suggestions/suggestions/4090785-ifttt-integration

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great if it would be possible to geotag thoughts based on location (Integrate with Google Maps/Earth, or Bing Maps, etc ...) as well as be able to associated a historical date/time (the later I think is already possible, but a bit cumbersome). Allowing for a Map View for example.

Reference:
    http://forums.thebrain.com/post/geo-andor-timeline-tagging-of-thoughts-10139729?pid=1308571207

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great to get a Pie Chart type View like in iMindMaps as an option:
    https://www.facebook.com/270993159770/photos/p.10156345801699771/10156345801699771/?type=1&theater

Similary a map (see geotagging request) and timeline view would great as options:

And in general have different views default to different thoughts, e.g. when clicking on tasks it would go to something like that, use a list view for others, a map view for others, etc ...

Reference:
    http://forums.thebrain.com/post/newadditional-plex-views-and-defaults-per-throught-10139733?pid=1308571243

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love for icons to automatically combine For example if I had a people Icon for a group, and a Country Icon for a flag, it would automatically use the flag for the country combined with the people icon for people associated with the country.

Reference:
    http://forums.thebrain.com/post/combine-icons-10139726?pid=1308571184

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I use TheBrain 10 on a Dell Xps 15, which has a resolution of 3840x2160. At this resolution, TheBrain is annoyingly slow. So slow that I prefer to run it in compatibility mode (High DPI scaling override). Please make TheBrain 10 more responsive for those higher resolution.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Not new...Reestablish "Last Expanded," and "New Expanded" from theBrain 8. I could use this!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As a continuous learner who works in the always evolving world of software/technology, I would love to be able to use an existing brain, or create a new one that allows me to study singular thoughts as if they were the "prompt/question" side of a flashcard, in relation to all related thoughts being the collective "answer" on the other side of the flashcard. (Each Thoughts related Note or Embedded Browser could hold more detail.)

I would be able to track results such that the "prompt/question" thought would receive a percentage score based on the aggregate result of each individually evaluated…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For those of us who have extensive Diigo libraries, it would be great to import them into TheBrain.

Second step would be if we could do the import every so often, and it would only add the Diigo entries that hadn't previously been imported. Then we could continue to use both tools in their own way...still love Diigo page markup capabilities, and would like to continue using those.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. TheBrain, as a commercial AppExchange product on the Force.com (Salesforce) platform, in my opinion would fill a huge existing gap: The ability to easily visualize either system level metadata (object relationships) or even more importantly hierarchical record-level data relationships across those objects.

The applications of TheBrain from this perspective seem endless. I've listed a few below:

Administrative/Developer/Architect
    - Implementation Modeling of initial Data Model Architecture
    - Actual Data Model (objects, fields, etc) metadata importing/exporting into Sandbox
    - Ongoing Production level Data Model evaluation for support and trouble shooting purposes.

End User
    - Data Visualization for improved contextualization of relationships
    -…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I love the Embedded Browser feature. It would be so much better if I could optionally "Save" (Clip) the contents into the Notes tab for editing. The amount of time this would save would be exponential. I am sure at some level this is an end goal of the tool, but if not it should be.

I love the changes I am seeing, keep up the great work!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sometimes I've activated a thought and are creating children thought for it, I realise one or more would be better as jumps or parents. (Mostly jumps.) If when creating the thoughts you prefixed a thought with "p:" or "j:" the subsequent title would reposition as described. Perhaps there are other options on creation.

For instance, if I was creating a genealogy and I'd started with my father I could type in the links the following:

p: grandfather; p: grandmother; j: wife; j: ex-wife; brother; sister; sister; etc.

While this is a trivial example I've come across a few situtations where…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to see a toolbar item for TheBrain in MS Office applications. Pressing the button would put the document (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) in the active though in TheBrain. Maybe a second button that would prompt for which thought to insert the document. Options would include the ability to specify if the item would go as an attachment of the current thought or create a new sub thought under the selected thought.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. At the moment I can only paste an URL to the notes area of a note.
    Then I have to correct it on the desktop afterwards to have the link in the note directly.
    Inefficient.
    Why not copy & paste or easier?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would be great to have
    - rename
    - delete
    - move
    thoughts on iPhone and iPad
    :-)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'm loving to prioritize my thoughts through tags.
    Please, realize tags also on iPhone and iPad!

...or is there anything I've been missing?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please create a stylesheet that we can use to customize the look and layout of the sitebrain. Its ugly, not user-friendly, doesn't display the same way as the desktop version, and really isn't up to web standards for 2017. I would rather have a gorgeous and functional hierarchical display of my brain data than what is currently generated. I can't recommend using the sitebrain for anything, which is sad.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56