Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. TheBrain (as of version 7.0.4.5 on OSX ) doesn't import the text notes of an OPML document exported from other outliners on the Mac, only the headlines.

The only way to be able to import the text notes right now, is to open the OPML file in a text editor, and manually replace all occurences of the attribute "_notes" with "description" , save the file again , then import it in Brain. This is what support suggested to do to be able to have the text notes appear in the correct place, in the Notes section of Brain.

However ,…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Quick way to move a child from one parent to another" is implemented in 5.0.0.8. This is great!

But as described at here:
    http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2758837

Moving a group of thoughts from previous parents to a new parent could still be very time consuming.

Imagine if you have 100 thoughts linked to 10 different parents. Moving these 100 thoughts from their previous parents to a new parent, requires you to locate and unlink their previous 10 parents separately. Sometimes it could be difficult to locate the parents if these thoughts are "not well organized".

So it would be very nice if there…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. To be exact I am suggesting:

Whenever you add a webpage to the plex by dragging it's icon in the URL bar of a web browser to the plex, there should be an option such as a set of keys (e.g. holding down shift while dragging & dropping) that would cause PersonalBrain to actually capture the HTML and associated pictures from the webpage and place them in the "Notes" section.

Furthermore, I think this option should be further customized to allow one the option to actually attach the HTML file of the page you were looking at to the actual…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently we can create html form in notes but it's not correctly displayed and executed. For intergrate PB with intranet servers I need to create some form to enter data in it and by submit button execute it on server and display results maybe in notes as html view or in browser.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Just like creating word file (add attachment) it would be very useful if I can create an event or task or calender item for MS outlook directly from a thought. If this functionality is available in mac OSX, why not for PC? Similar functionality for Thunderbird will also be very useful.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would help to add media player controls (pause, forward, reverse, fast forward, fast reverse, etc), to wander -- operated with the space bar and ctrl-arrows. Right now, it's too hard to control the stream of thoughts (the only way to stop the wander is to return to the menu.. which takes about 3 clicks!

Using a playlist paradigm, you could choose whether to wander in a specified order (oh, maybe by tags, thought type, or thought date?) or in "shuffle mode."

See www.prezi.com and also the user-defined "train of thought" request.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I had this thought… how about encompassing a flowchart type brain for developing flowcharts? I would love to have a feature like that, especially for procedure outlining and decision making processes.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There should be a way of importing (synchronizing) the same thoughts repeatedly, either through additional options when the same thought is imported more than once, or via a separate "synchronize" high-level feature.

Currently, when thoughts are imported from a PersonalBrain XML file (this concept may apply to other export / import choices as well), the only options available are "skip" or "replace", not "update" or "merge" (NOTE: the word "merge" is used elsewhere to mean “complete brain merge”; here I mean using data from both an inbound thought and the existing thought).

At the very least the "skip" and "replace"…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi,

would it be possible to add a Spotlight on/off button in the preference so when I search for something within PB I don't get "polluted" by 6000 hits coming from my email, etc. I use the web local index a lot now that it is available in your latest version on OS X, but the sptolight extra effort is way to much... Thanks,

JG Corbeil

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In my thought process, I often come across thoughts I already had in a different context, and I mostly add new thoughts via the semicolon list so that I can add more than one at a time (saves A LOT of time!). The problem here is, that only the first thought I enter before the semicolon opens the drop down list of already created thoughts, subsequent thoughts are added without first checking whether a thought with a similar name already exists.

I believe it would be beneficial for us users, if Personal Brain created like a "temporary added thought list"…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reasons:
    - I'd like to manage some thoughts which require a special unicode-font - but that font unfortunately is a bit "hard on the eye" for standard-text
    - being able to "italicize" (or strikethrough) thought-names by selecting font-attributes would help to visual navigation easier

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It will be very usefull to have the possibility to export in an excel table (by Copy as text outline) also the link properties between two toughts. It will very good to have the link property in the same row of the child tought and in the column before the child tought!
    Thank you very much

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I copy a Thought Link, paste to another Thought, than I have to change the title of this "Link".
    As the large numbers of Thoughts I need to link (esp. internal Thoughts, rather than create multiple relationships, the whole Map and relationships will be more clean), it's really bothering!
    Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Base on "Improve finding duplicate thought names in Reports list": when a PB doc has thousands Thoughts, list duplicates Thoughts is not engouh, if we can find more Potential Duplicates ( in Search or Reports), the Information-gathering and Relationship-structure will be efficient.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Let the reader toggle Webbrain view to Outline mode like you can do inside PB. I have a lot of training material that is better shown/read in a listed outline context format.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I like to design different brains with specific scopes. If I run the search it is at first limited on one brain. With an Pushbutton I can switch this to an extended search over all attached brains (linked brains, with copied thoughts) get now included in the extended search (over tags, categories, link-types, file-types, notes, etc.pp.).

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello,

I suggest you create a shortcut activating the last created thought and that could be used after creating the new thought.

The current shortcut (accelerator) has to be used before creation of the thought.
    But a user doesn't always know that he'll have to focus on a thought before creating it.

Hope you will implement such a function.

Regards.
    Oli

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Switching between a browser and PB get's a bit tedious when adding a lot of webpages into a brain. It woud be nice to have a toolbar that allows you to add a webpage to a though without the need to copy and paste the URL!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Learned today 25th Jan 12 on webinar the comma trick - brilliant!! - but also learned that it does not work on existing thoughts - only upon generation of new thoughts - big problem for me - to have to go back and re-write thousands of thoughts :-(

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?