Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. Think of it in terms of Microsoft Outlook's Calendars feature, but for links and thoughts in the brain.
    Choose to see just your links/thoughts, or any number of other users links/thoughts (permissions based of course).

Hardened Synapses: Administrator locked thoughts and links to/from specific thoughts. Cannot be forgotten, modified or unlinked from each other.
    Purpose: To create initial brain structure.

User Specific Links: Users make their own links and associations independent of other users.
    Purpose: Eliminate link overload for huge brains and allow individual users to link only what they want to themselves while still contributing to the brain as…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like to be able to apply special formatting to a thoughts such as Bold, Italic, Underline as well as different colours to a word or group of words within a thought rather than having this default formatting. E.g. let us say I have a thought named Most common Syndromes then I would love the formatting to appear in Bold and in red within the thoughts so it makes stand out more from the rest and will help remember information like catch eye effect or buzz word when the brain is large. Right now, only the branches can change…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I need to bring a Brain-resident file into a Gmail email or Facebook, or into anything else where you can't copy/paste the file itself, it's a multi-step process to get the file's full path. There has to be an easier way to get a file's full path into the clipboard, so my suggestion is that a "Copy File Path" selection be added to the menu that appears when you right-click an attachment. Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Even though the spotlight search integration is a nice workaround, but drag and drop of contacts from the OSX native app into TheBrain would be a lot more convenient!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am a medical doctor using personal brain in my daily work as my knowledgebase. A feature that i miss direly is the possibility to search thoughts connected to a given set of thoughts.

For instance i would like to find all the thought (diseases) that are connected to all (and not just any) of the following thoughts (symptoms):
    -chest pain
    -shortness of breath
    -Pain associated with breathing

Where the brain would return/show:
    -Myocardial infarction
    -Pulmonary embolism
    -Pleuritis
    -Aortic dissection

This would greatly increase the associative power of the personal brain when the screen is not cluttered with all the…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Similar to MindManager's send to new map feature, users should be able to select a thought and create a new brain with that thought as the home thought and all (or some depending on user preference) connected thoughts moved or copied to the new brain.

Users could determine what level of connectedness they wanted moved/copied (sibling/peer, child, jump - 1 level or more, etc).

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently I am unable to use voice dictation from Windows Vista Ultimate to enter anything in personal brain. Whatever mechanism is being used in the java text entry, it is not allowing voice text dictation. This generally works in everything else I've tried. This would greatly increase the speed which thoughts could be added to the brain!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PersonalBrain looks ideal for managing genalogy hierachy with attached notes and images to each item. I suggest that you add the ability to import/export genealogy files in the GedCom format .

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Wander through a selection of thoughts. The wander speed between different thoughts of the train can be set. Ideal to give presentations! We just need a specific thought type that registers the selection and wander speed.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Commenting on http://thebrain.uservoice.com/pages/4597-personalbrain/suggestions/310867-bug-adding-links-pointing-to-files-in-thought-folders-result-in-wrong-path-designation-

Well, I don't think removing is the same thing as fixing in this case, because I actually want this feature very badly! Can you guys provide it? I need this freedom to have lists of files in one thought, BUT being able to comment on the individual files by linking individual thoughts to the individual files in question.

btw., please make it set the path relative to the brain root. So if I move the brain, the links to the files in the thought folders would still work!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a "TheBrain Viewer" product for each operating system̆/device (Windows, Linux, Mac, iPad, iPhone, etc.). Each product should be free and downloadable from TheBrain Product page.

Authors could then make their Brains available to a much wider audiences and form a viral marketing community for the other TheBrain products.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Could we have an option in preferences that if checked would prompt the user if he/she wanted to sync the brain before PB closes?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The google calendar sync in PB 6 beta is nice and working very well. I just have some little little suggestions:
    1) Put in the event details a check box for the option not to synchronise with google calendar. (for events you don't want to clutter your google calendar, especially if you are sharing it with someone.
    2) Make it possible to choose which calendar to synchronise with. Some people have more than one google calendar and it would be nice, to make it possible to choose with which calendar to synchronise.
    There are two possibilities how to make it:…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As I complete tasks, I don't want to forget them, but I don't want them cluttering the project either. I want to mark them DONE, ideally with a time stamp, and have them hidden. Then I want to be able to View Done for a specific thought so I can see (1) when I finished a task + any associated details, or (2) that I've actually been making progress on a project that feels bogged down.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To Keep my brain small, I have a 32 gb 3.0 USB Drive that I can take with me. I then have to copy my files to the thumb drive and then link them to my brain. I would like to have the ability to:
    1) right click a file to be "both" copied from web or drive/folder and then linked into the brain.

Even if one leaves it on the same computer, the brain stays small and one directory has all the files. If one does as I and has a thumb drive, web brain is fast and very…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Double click within the search box should open up a short history of previous searches. That way you won't have to re-enter the same term over and over while searching.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Setting link type, link label and link direction should be as easy and keyboard-friendly as creating thoughts.

We create as many, and often more, links that we create thoughts - the functionality of links (relations) should be up to par!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ms OneNote is part of the office suite. It is possible to use it as an unstructured but hierarchical database of all sort of information. Would be great to get the possiblity to have some import of the struckture of a OneNotebook with hyperlinks and then use Personalbrain as a navigator.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would make it easier and neater for scientific/mathematical-type thoughts to be input.

No format (like it is now): C6H12O6 & 2x^3 + 3x^2 + 2x - 1
    With superscript/subscript format: (How it works in Microsoft Word 2007)

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I tried to use Personal Brain in the Presentation Mode as an alternative to PowerPoint. However, as most beamers only got a rather low resolution, I get only very few thoughts on the screen. This severely limits the usability of Personal Brain for presentations. The current form works well if the thoughts only include a few words, but if you want to have a sentence or a quote in the thought, it doesn't really work. So what I would appreciate in The Brain is a word wrap function in the presentation mode.
    In addition to word wrap, having a presentation…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?