Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

75 results found

  1. One of my primary brain files is for academic research, and the search is completely useless. I might only have a few thoughts that show up in the results, but then when I want to add them to a selection, I get every thought that mentions it in notes or attachments. I have over 1200 thoughts with PDF attachments (articles) and often get 100+ results that get added to the selection.

    What we need is the option for Thoughts Only. This should be an option in the Gear menu, we shouldn't have to rely on Cerebro

    2 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. In version 14, we had the ability to create a living table of contents, allowing us to quickly jump back and forth between different headings. Unfortunately, this feature was not carried over to V15.
    As a result, I now read structured documents almost exclusively in Obsidian, where an outline is generated automatically—and, conveniently, displayed in a sidebar. It doesn’t get any more convenient than that.
    (LibreOffice Writer and Typora can do this in Markdown, too.)

    BTW: This is also the reason why lengthy legal documents always need to be bookmarked.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66ZqsLOHlVA

    3 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  3. Much oblige for making it possible. So far checking notes with Hebrew show that my previous comments are addressed and working properly🙏🏻❣️

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. I'm just starting to work with TheBrain, and I find it alarming that deleted attachments can't be recovered from a paper basket.

    The fact that information can be lost so easily in an information management system like TheBrain must be some kind of bad joke, right?

    Why on earth isn't there a feature like that in the brain? It's unbelievable.

    3 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  5. Hello, I recently upgraded thebrain to version 15.0.612. However, during the usage process, I suddenly discovered that the custom sorting of my ideas in the outline mode was no longer working. The specific situation is as follows: Firstly, my ideas were initially sorted according to the custom settings, followed by the creation time (the oldest); then, when I dragged an idea using the mouse to perform custom sorting, I found that this idea would not stay at the position I wanted but would move along with the mouse, and at this time, my left mouse button had already been released.…

    4 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Have a sync block that can copied into multiple notes. when one of the of the blocks is updated then all the blocks are updated in all the notes.

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Use another port than 8000 for Thebrain, as this port is already widely used by PHP, Python, Django for localhost servers.

    3 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. The integrated text editor ("Edit as text") supports the code block language identifier (language tag / info string):

    ```json
    { "a": 42 }
    ```
    

    But after saving and exiting the editor, the closing fence is stripped:

    ```json
    { "a": 42 }
    

    and markup is broken.

    This behavior destruct markdown markup in pasted text.

    4 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  10. Updated to Version 15.0.577.0. I have items on my calendar, mainly reminder from my MacOS / iOS, but also a newly entered meeting. However these are not shown on the time line. See screenshots.

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  11. In earlier versions of TheBrain on Mac (and windows) it was possible to drag an email from Outlook onto the TheBrain plex and it would create a Thought with the email as a link. So one could then click on the thought and open the email in outlook enabling immediate replies. It would be great if this were possible along with pasting into the thought notes the content of the email so it could be edited, hashtags added and comments added etc. Along with adding tasks so that the email can be researched, replied to, added to project thoughts etc.

    3 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

    If you are using the latest version of Outlook, this is already working. You do not have to "download email as a .msg file and then find that file name (in downloads) then drag and drop it onto TheBrain"

  12. In Compact Attachment Display mode, it reduces the attachment display size so you can see more file names and more of each file name. There is still extra white-space between the file names, leading to a smaller number of files being displayed

    3 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  13. When explorting files to folders, it would be great to have a checkbox in the dialogue, in additional to "selected files", for "export to a single folder".

    Often when I store files, like papers from a conference, in my megabrain, I store as individual thoughts with one file per thought and the thought reflecting the filename. However, when I export a selection, 99+% of the time, I want to export into a single folder. I can't recall ever wanting to export those conference papers for example into 150 folders each with one file.

    I've always just naturally had to select…

    4 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

    This already exists: Select the thoughts containing the attachment. File > Export > Markdown Files. Inside the output folder is a subfolder, "attachments" containing all of the attachments from the selected thoughts.

  14. Please restore the missing underline option on the notes editor toolbar:
    * Bold
    * Italic
    * Underline << Missing
    * Strikethrough

    Learn More:

    https://bra.in/5jXQKy

    0 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. I open the brain on the following thought (see screenshot). The thought contains a note with many tables (see share: https://app.thebrain.com/s/gilbrain/overall-ranking-by-ai):
    The output.log does not load - I guess too big >10MB
    A. The note handling becomes very slow and unresponsive.
    B. After a while the the plex and note disappear (see screenshot).
    I must close and reopen the brain to restore seeing the brain but situation repeats.

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  16. I'd like to be able to open the internal/ or default external browser based on right-click drop down choice when clicking url's. It would be nice to have the ability to dynamically select by toggle button or right click action...

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  17. I would like to have the API not only for webbrains but for local brains on the computer that are not necessarily synced to the cloud...

    0 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. When pasting structured export-formatted text into an existing thought that already contains recurring child labels, TheBrain 15 beta does not offer the prior copy/replace resolution behavior seen in v14. Instead, it creates duplicate or triplicate child thoughts immediately. This breaks workflows that rely on stable repeated structural node names.

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  19. In v.14 this is standard performance so I can see if the related note is what I am looking for.
    In v.15 you have to either open one result at the time to see the note content, or add all results to selection and then open them one by one.

    3 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  20. Before I upgraded from TB14 to TB15, I could right-click a thought and it included the option "Copy Local Thought URL" in addition to "Copy Web Thought URL". This is very important for linking thoughts into text block and also linking thoughts from other brains.

    2 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?