Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. It would be nice to be able to define types of nodes with associated properties. For example, maybe an "event" type node with properties such as "name of event", date, duration, etc.  I could also envision a "person" type node with name, birth place, birth date, etc.  Yet another example could be a "research" type node with the name of the research paper, lead author's name, university affiliation, date published, names of other collaborators.

An example of a structured node that is buried in the text is at http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2733306

I imagine that the structured data structures would be relational and…

1,472 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would love to be able to email and/or text a Thought or Note into my Brain while away from my PC. As one learns to use PB to manage one's creativity, tasks, "life," there may be times when an item comes up that belongs in the PB. I'd love to be able to email or text it in to my PB, even if it defaulted to a "holding Thought" of some sort.

1,169 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  28 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have stopped using Apple Mail in favour of Google Apps Mail - and would love to see PB and Google Apps working fully with each other. Google Calender & Google Docs work already - what about the Mail and Contacts side?

951 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to be able to print the results of the Reports tab including the notes of each thought in the report. It would be even more useful with some basic report formatting capability, but I would be satisfied with a hard copy print or export to text file of the Reports tab.

808 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The closest thing available to this right now is to add the contents of the report to the selection via the Edit menu. Next, select Edit > Copy as Text Outline with Notes. You can now paste into Word, etc for formatting and printing.

5. While we are using personalbrain in a inter-connected way, sometimes we need a traditional table view. Here I recommend a view object to be connected to Thoughts, when one of the Thought is activated, the corresponding view shows in another layer of Plex. The views can be timeline, flowchart, table, Logic, positions in a image, even another part of the same brain(another plex) and more. The final aim is to make good use of various kinds of views to present knowledge stored in a brain.

754 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to have templates in notes. This is useful for when you are doing organization of things like Names / Addresses ,etc. You can build a template to be filled out using Tables and then when a thought is created as a child of a thought it would inherit that text template.

740 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There is a great need here as we go collaborative. I would like to see full GoogleDocs integration with PB. Offerings like Memeo and Syncplicity do not offer features like multiple local folder integration etc. It would be awesome to create a file in PB and have the option to sync it with a GoogleDocs account so that both the GoogleDocs web location is stored and a sync'd local copy of the file is stored in that thought.

732 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I work with medical data that has its own structure which does not lend itself to the current sorting features. If the other features of the current release were not so compelling in other areas I'd be back to good old PB3 in a flash for that feature alone. I'm begging here! ;-}

671 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Highlighted text from eMail, Web page, document would be clipped into and added into the plex as a special edit area or active thought.

613 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I often work in different systems and need a shorthand way to cross-reference between thoughts on PersonalBrain and entries in other systems. I would like to be able to create user-defined serialized GUIDs. For example, Tasks are a certain type of thought, so I would number these Txxxxx or 6xxxxx. Accounts and contacts are another type, so I would number these Axxxxx or 7xxxxx, and so forth. That way, if I need to refer to this somewhere outside of my Personal Brain, I can use 600132, for example, as a shorthand for a task that I can look up in…

545 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. BillS

AES encryption - Password protected brains. This would include encrypting all the little files associated with each brain.

418 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As the idea is to completely use THEBRAIN as the user interface it currently still is missing one important feature to use it professionally. This is the versioning of thought and attachment feature. Currently I must still rely on a third party tool and either integrate somehow.

405 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A thought-fact is a summary and has all the information about the active thought and the linked (related) thoughts with there link-types.

All this information is available in PB database, the only job for the brain is create a form with the thought-facts of the active thought, .

If you can READ all the thought-facts in the notes field there is no need clutter the plex with this kind of additional information.

look at my site http://webbrain.com/u/10Rp (only the English part of this webbrain)

See also; http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=4021667

391 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I suggest that a thought or notes or even tags can have several languages. The language should be switchable with respective buttons (showing country flag for example). So you can enter a thought in French and if you like switch to English and enter the English thought name. For sure hotkeys will be necessary as switching would occur quite often. This is helpful for international presentations etc. Creating a thought with two or three languages all put to the name of the thought for example does not really work, you loose overview easily, not to mention notes in several languages.

340 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to see a robust PM module in PB like the one offered in iMindmap:
    http://www.thinkbuzan.com/uk/products/imindmap/ultimate/features#ProjectManagement

They have videos on their site that show the feature and this is an incredible time saver.

307 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As they did it in MindManager! At least, please allow drawing / writing in Notes. It will be very good for all Tablet PC users. Now we see more and more touch screens even in netbooks, Tablet features are embedded in Vista and Windows 7, so many people will appreciate such possibilities :)

294 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be cool to change the shape of a thought (now it is simply a rounded box around the label) based on it's type (in addition to coloring). This would help to visually structure the Brain.

286 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create an API that allows 3rd part developers to create add-ons to the brain.

282 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This is by far #1 limitation of the software. The search, filtering, and reporting capabilities seem too 'unfinished' or 'disjoint'. I can search nodes with words, but not report on them, I can report on some attributes, but not search on them, and I can't filter based on my searches... A powerful and modular searching would tremendously enhance the usability of the software when you have thousands of nodes.
    Why not rethink the whole search paradigm and make 3 main changes:

1) Modularize - look at search in Toodledo. Simple, yet very effective. You add additional sub-querries to make searches…

279 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 256 votes
    Vote