Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. Some Greek characters are showing up as a square box when I try to paste thought names. I have verified that the characters are valid by cut/paste into MS Word. I tried changing the default font in the plex to times new roman since that is what it was in MS Word. Any chance of getting Greek characters available in PB5?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It's great that PB finally supports importing data from other applications, now how about adding the ability to export it to these same apps? I do realize that the PB data structure allows for more sophisticated connection types than conventional mindmapping and outliner apps. These connection types can lead to circular references, which would be difficult to export as a conventional outline. Therefore, I would suggest that this export function operate as follows:

1. Ignore all jump links. Jump links are used for non parent-child relationships and thus have no meaning in a structure that his strictly hierarchical.

2. The export process…

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Some versions ago (was it in PB3?) I think I remember being able to do something to stretch the plex vertically, i.e., increasing the gap between parent, active thought and children. Did that disappear in the mists of time? If so, it should be re-implemented. It doesn't seem to me to require major recoding, but then I've just consumed a fair bit of alcohol, and the world seems a much simpler place.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Displaying crossing lines, particularly those which join thoughts above and below the (currently) Active thought can result in a messy and cluttered Plex and we ought to be able to turn them off.

Examples:
    1) Lines connecting a jump thought (of the Active thought) to one of the Active thought's parents or siblings.
    2) Lines connecting one of the Active thought's children to its parents, siblings, or even a jump thought.

Consider the active thought to be on the "equator" of the plex; we should not need to see lines that cross the equator, even if they're dimmed.

If you…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

FYI, these “extra” links are already shown dimmed at half strength. Also, if you want less distractions, you can turn off the display of all links entirely until mouseover in Preferences.

5. There may be some coding reason for not allowing hyperlinks inserted into Notes to be opened using a single Left-click, as we normally find on Web pages and even some word processors. Having to use 2 hands to open a Notes hyperlink (by pressing Ctrl+Click) is clumsy and wastes time repositioning the hands afterwards.

If it's possible to allow users the choice to open Notes hyperlinks using a single click, please do so. Otherwise, if this creates a coding problem, please allow double-clicking to do this. Double-clicking needs only one hand and some mice have buttons that can be programmed…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When input something requiring explicit ordering, auto numbering of children Thoughts can be very convenient, instead of putting the numbers by hand one by one.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently linking an external program with a Thought doesn't provide any chance of transferring parameters to that program.

The only exception is linking to a browser, i.e., linking to an URL, which supports URL. A way to work through this is to set up a local web server and code a web page to call programs with parameters(passed via URL parameter).

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I found a way to sync between external softwares and Personal Brain through clipboard. If ESP sync supports activation by guid, then I can store this guid in external softwares and copy it to the clipboard so that ESP will activate the corresponding Thought.
    This feature is quite easy to implement.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Personal Brain, the first image files attached to a Thought will be displayed as Thought Icon, currently it does not support the display of some vector image formats like wmf and eps. I am using wmf format to store mathematical formulas.
    Under current constraints, the only way for me is to convert my formula file from wmf to jpg format every time I modify my formula.
    It will be very convenient if Personal Brain can provide such supports.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Previously suggested in the abstract, but I wanted to offer a clear rationale and an implementation idea.

Imagine you're searching for Car Stereos with particular features. If you click on the Thought "MP3-CD" you'll see all the child thoughts, fifty different models. That's not what you want to happen. You really want to see the other parents of those fifty, so you can restrict the results further, to stereos with USB or Bluetooth or Satellite, and additional criteria beyond.

To implement this, PB should have a View Toggle that shows Filtered Counters, rather than Children, beneath the active thought. So,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Clicking the little tag legend on a thought in the Plex activates the corresponding Tag Thought. -- very convenient for getting to all like-tagged thoughts.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Establish a reserved "Calendar" tag and auto-tag every thought linked to a calendar date. A refinement of optional date rages (e.g., today, week, month, all) to limit the display to thoughts "calendared" in that range.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. – a search across brains

would by the way solve the one-brain-many-brain-problem.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I don't really need to see the tags in the label when they are also presented in the plex. Can we get an option to either show or hide the tags in the mouse over label? It could be in the tag preferences or it could be a global setting.

I think I would like it imlpemented as a global setting, but we all use PB differently. What do you think?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 85 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm working with my Brain on two different computers and on one them sometimes on the laptop's own screen and sometimes on the large screen connected to the docking station. The way I like to have the layout on the large screen is very different from the layout I use on the laptop's limited screen size. If I could save the different layouts with different names and select them like I can do with themes that would be cool!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have found that most users of the sitebrain do not realise that the white box in the bottom left of the plex is for searching. Even if they suspect this and try it out, it sometimes takes so long for search results to appear that they may well decide it is not for searching. Labelling it SEARCH would therefore be helpful.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Highlighted text from eMail, Web page, document would be clipped into and added into the plex as a special edit area or active thought.

613 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Personal Brain already has a "Monitor keyboard" and "Monitor clipboard" under ESP. This activates the thoughts automatically. It will be cool to activate thoughts by speaking in a microphone (speech recognition). (I could not edit my previous suggestion to rephrase so I am posting anew. )

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Could shortcuts for pins be implemented?
    Something like Alt-1 for the 1st pin, Alt-2 for the second, and so on from left to right up to Alt-0.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?