Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. In my field of medical transcription I have hundreds of terms in my brain. I can set the thought types all at once, but perhaps even more important is setting their relationship types all at once, because this is extremely time-consuming.

For example. I want all my terms to be stored under "Medical Terms" and the respective lessons I learned them in. Having either one of these umbrella topics as a parent completely messes up the display of sister topics under, say "Diffusion". What I'm saying is when I look at "isotonic" (child of "Diffusion"), I can't see: hypertonic: hypotonic,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Sometimes relationships between thoughts can be complex (like the transformation of DNA into chromosomes). Since a lot of useful data can now be stored in a link, I would like for such links to show up in my searches.

Also, I see there is a timeline idea. Perhaps enabling thought links to become timelines associating a chain of events between two thoughts would be a good idea, too.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. In my presentations I hover over Thoughts that contain only a single image file, which allows me to move through the presentation without having to open external programs. The drawback to using this very effective presentation method is that I have to store each image's source file (e.g., a snagit file) elsewhere instead of in the same Thoughts with the images. I need to be able to put these, and other, files into a Thought but still be able to hover over the Thought to activate the image file. I.e., for each Thought that will be used as part of…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For example, if anatomy teacher needs to show the students parts of the skeleton - he has to make a link in comments. It would be really great if he could push on a bone and that exact bone idea appears.
    The same can be used with maps - you push a country to open an Idea with that country. Also it can be used in astronomy maps, animals food chain, company`s structure etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. if there is way to have a "Copy dropped files" function added to
    the "On drag and drop of files" preference (UI).... Some files are referenced in other software thru links -- e.g., bibliographic software like Endnote and Bookends -- and need to remain outside Brain. At same time need to have file internalized for potability reasons.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the brain 7, there are many yellow dots on the link line ,do you know some people have Trypophobia?
    they make me feel very bad .but i can't change them ,can you make a switch to turn off them.

thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When using the smaller screen on my laptop, I usually have the notes/thought area hidden so that the Plex fills the entire screen. I've assigned a (Mac) keyboard shortcut (Command-Shift-n) to show the Notes window. This is great, and keeps the notes area out of the way until I need it, but it seems there's no way to close the Notes window again using the keyboard. I'd expect Command-w to work, or possibly Escape, but neither works.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allows the author to choose this option in their admin atra

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have autostart activated, so TheBrain starts at boot time.
    Unfotunately that means it's always a race whether my WLAN or TheBrain is up first. In the latter case TheBrain permanently disables the syncing feature (because it thinks it is offline) - even if the internet connection is available seconds ago.
    That means I have to close TheBrain and open it again in order to be able to sync - so the "autostart convenience" is gone.
    (I know this could be circumvented by introducing a script that starts TheBrain after it ensured that the internet connection is there - or…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In all the brain possibilities you offer, they all correspond to an anglo-saxon- , linguistic/ syntax pattern, none of your "infinities" match the complexity of implicit cultures/languages... the decision tree shown here, is not the complex arborescence, hamadryade thinking. when are you going to start thinking about integrating these multi-dimensional ways of thinking (Leonardo da Vinci style) ?

Nathalie Monsaint-Baudry, essayist, French/American/Italian interculturalist.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I created a tag for the purpose of tagging Thoughts that contain information about something I need to do as soon as possible (this is my !Now tag). I keep this tag pinned for quick access, but without a visual queue (on the pin) to let me know something is tagged, I have to remember to click the pin once-in-a-while to see if something is outstanding.

So my idea is to allow a tag to become pinned automatically once it is assigned to a Thought, and to be unpinned automatically when the tag is not assigned. Of course no one…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Many people use multiple applications to organise themselves, enjoying the benefits of each. Undoubtedly, their are many who use both Evernote and Personal Brain like me. Personal Brain should be able to sync to the Evernote server, using the Evernote API. This is much like other suggestions however I would like the ability to sync directly to the Evernote server and also to view Evernote notebooks as Brains. Nodes in the brains become both an Evernote note and a tag which is applied to itself and linking nodes. Personalbrain tags are also synced to Evernote. Evernote tags become nodes which…

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be helpful if Scrivener files (which mainly consist of a folder of RTF files) could be indexed.
    There is a workaround by exporting the entire text as ascii and pasting it into the notes section of the thought but it's somewhat inconvenient.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Extended layouts can be very useful to show informations in a very specific context. For that it could be rather helpful to be able to assign specific colors to ideas and links per extended view (For this to work best it would be good if one could assign layout-local colors to all ideas/links in the selection at the same time - or to reset the colors to the defaults for all selected elements correspondingly)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently saved extended layouts are not synchronized via webbrain, they can only be transferred between computers via BrainZips.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In order to understand the "important" relationships better based on the spacial ordering it could help to have a toggle for links to define them as "weak". Weak links would be ignored when calculating the spacial layout of ideas in extended view (perhaps they are additionally painted with a thinner line thickness by default, they could even be globally hideable)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Not the Print Plex but an output with the Thoughts and indented sub-thoughts and include any notes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. a list of "to do's" that could be sorted (and re-sorted) so that items added to end of list ..after re-sorting would appear in their proper location. sort could be simple alpha des/ascending or if a date is the users 1st entry on an item, a date sort option would be useful by using the date-time icon then resorting

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sometimes very important not only find Thought in your Brain. Using Brain as a tool for developing of information architecture or navigation design for web solution bring us to necessity to visualise the path between two elements (also works when Thoughts are the elements of process description). It would be nice if entering two Thought's name into search boxes we could obtain a Thought Chain (or Thought Route) that visually present all possible paths.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. TheBrain use HTML to display notes. As a physicist, I often want to write math equations in LaTeX format. MathJax ( http://www.mathjax.org/ ) is very good for rendering math equations in LaTeX format. I hope math equations can be displayed in notes and thoughts.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?