Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. Calendar dates for getting things done is of course a basic need. As we know life doesn't always go as planned! When something doesn't get done, there should be a paradigm for "slipping it" other than going in and editting a bunch of calendar items inside different thoughts. As a quick way of allowing users to manipulate these, consider a calendar view into many thoughts. Dependencies could even be drawn between these. Without dependencies, at least a view like this could make it easy to adjust dates "en masse" based on a good filter criteria

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'd like to see an option to freeze and rotate the expanded view. I used the view alot to focus and expand on thoughts and relations I've created between. Whether for learning, memorizing, analysing...this view is fantastic. However, sometimes the float and drift works again being able to lock a view or turn off the floating action for a static arrangement of data as I see it. Then being able to rotate the views (3D-like?) for new perspectives and insight would be great. I don't know how hard this would be or how much demand there is, but this would…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=1999967

Creating a small radar or overview window for an entire brain structure in expanded view (possibly outline view as well) would help improve the ability to scroll around and navigate large brain structures.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The ctrl+scroll functionality in the expanded view is rudimentary at best and frustrating for navigation. It does not correctly alter the distance between all thoughts at the same rate.

I propose a new feature be added to allow zooming in/out of the entire brain structure for easier navigation of the expanded view, (much like being able to zoom in/out of google earth and slide the globe around to a different location).

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There should be a way to turn on/off the display of the comma trick names in expanded and outline view, so that only the last name part is shown.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow quick entry of unlinked thoughts. Many times want to just jot down ideas for later linking. Having special category "unlinked" thoughts (similar but different from "orphans" since it is deliberate) which can then be linked when user wants. Once a link is created for a new unlinked item it can be auto-removed from "unlinked" group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. use the vista speech recognition in Personal Brain. I can dictate text and command to my computer and files (say what you see) but not so well to personal brain, it seems. The text are not recognized properly in Personal Brain.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi Guys,

The main thing about this is that the 'ordered structure' of the parts that make up the thought is kept intact. With the current parent/child system, creating multiple children loses that extra piece of information - which is sometimes quite important. I guess that you can name the children '#1', '#2' etc., but this is not as inituative as having a 'structure' that is clearly laid out. I hope this explanation helps a bit.

So, where would I use it, for example?

Lets say I have decoded part of an Oracle (database) trace file, in particular, a series…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a version of the Notes window that is smaller. No drop-down menus; user can use right-click for context menus. Like an eye-friendly post-it. Then create a "hook" within Thoughts to "open up" their notes right in place, and manipulate them all over the plex, so that the user can juxtapose several ideas.

Similar to the multiple-notes idea, except smaller, with a text-only display.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This would be a significant step forward in searching web clips, pictures. When researching I use SNAGIT 9, to clip snippets of information which retains context of original information source.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As they did it in MindManager! At least, please allow drawing / writing in Notes. It will be very good for all Tablet PC users. Now we see more and more touch screens even in netbooks, Tablet features are embedded in Vista and Windows 7, so many people will appreciate such possibilities :)

294 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When dealing with thoughts that have parents with many children (possibly even many parents), it gets hard in normal view to find the correct link from that thought to the parent (to unlink them). It would be much easier if the parent had an item in its context-menu saying "Unlink from {child_thought}".
    Or maybe even add an "Unlink"-menu to every thought which, when opened, shows all parent/child/jump-thoughts.

And while we're at it, there should be keystroke for that, too :)

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. a pain to keep using menus to assign a thought type for ones i constantly reuse. Why not have a "paintbrush" like that in Word to quickly copy a thought type from one thought to other by using the paintbrush. A real time-saver

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like the possibility for some thoughts to select another background image. This could be used as extra info, for presentations and so on. If this should be combined with the timeline wish there should be a possibility to define how musg real estate in the plax that should go to timeline and how much for the normal background. I realize that the timeline may com in the form af another tag, but wouldn't it look great if it was part of the background that gave an indication of where in your timeline you were?

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Since PB is a reference application you are likely to leave running in the background or relaunch many times during the day, i find it strange that PB doesn´t use the traybar - especially because PB takes some time to launch.

This would make the autorun on startup option much more useful since PB could just load in the background without actually oppening the brain file and throwing the main window at the user. The brain window is then oppened by clicking at the tray icon. From here it should also be possible to right click and choose a different…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to be able to print the results of the Reports tab including the notes of each thought in the report. It would be even more useful with some basic report formatting capability, but I would be satisfied with a hard copy print or export to text file of the Reports tab.

808 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The closest thing available to this right now is to add the contents of the report to the selection via the Edit menu. Next, select Edit > Copy as Text Outline with Notes. You can now paste into Word, etc for formatting and printing.

17. It's a needless distraction. I tend to edit notes on several children of a parent, while keeping them all in view. Mouse-over editing of children works in normal view until the user moves the mouse cursor over the note. Expanded view is better for the task, because it enables the user to to activate a thought without recentering around it.

But I'd like a "quiet" toggle...there's no reason to spring the view if it's only going to retract right to where it was. Sometimes a long Thought title is truncated until activated, at which point it covers its neighbor, even …

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A proffesional using PB PRO
    want to secure al the effort putting information in a brain and need to have this information also in a other format like excel.

Export function to excel

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. One example of where this would be useful is export to HTML. If everything is private by default then to user would have to manually select those items he want to make public via export. This way there is less chance of exporting thoughts you wanted to keep private as the all are private by default.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When right clicking a Thought to add a Type - the list should be displayed as per the relationships between Types & Super Types

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?