Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. Be able to print full outline view from outline plex (5.0) with notes integrated

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be very nice if Expanded Views could be saved as attachments, and each thought could have one or more Expanded Views attached.

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When you do an export to either sitebrain html or simple html, the files that are linked to end up being part of the generated web site, rather than links. This is a problem because (a) the exported site can be unnecessarily large (potentially GB or tens of GB), and (b) you might actually want the site to link to objects (such as documents) rather than maintain copies (which can become out of date, etc.). There should at least be an option to generate pages that include links rather than making copies of objects that are linked to.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. option to distinct between more important and less important thoughts. e.g. make the more often used thoughts appear bigger or clearer (as opposed to less used thoughts being more transparent/opaque), or make the font appear bigger/smaller. Or implement visual preview thumbnails of document files, esp. websites, presentations, pictures and graphics (like when hovering over the tabs of Internet Explorer or Opera. Or more directions (3D) encircling a thought (surrounding it) like a spherical or at least surrrounded thought.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to import external txt files (txt, rtf, html, xml, ...) into PB as thought automatically copies its content (or portion of it) inside notes panel.
    If files are changed, content is updated on request or on thought selection.
    Advantages:
    1) files are left in their original folder structure, available for editing with other applications
    2) by using relative links, external files can be 'ported' together brain file
    3) user could navigate external files as thoughts linked to the other PB thoughts and immediately read the content (as snapshot or portion of it for quick navigation, then as full updated…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would help to invert text and background, or add a user-definable background, for the thought selected in the Reports, Selection and Instant Search listed.

The thin green frame around the selected thought isn't visible enough. The color inversion should move up and down as the list is scrolled, showing which thought (or thoughts, in future) are currently selected.

This applies specially to Selection Box, where white frames make the green frame nearly invisible.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable linking of information from Entourage into PersonalBrain.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I've got hundreds of the same kind of link. I'd like to be able to set them all at once to a particular link type (with color and width attributes)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I frequently need to copy the shortcut from a thought to paste into an email or another program.

To do this now requires navigating to the thought or popping up the Properties and Attachments window, followed by copying the shortcut from the Properties window.

Please add a "Copy Shortcut" option to the context (right-click in Windows) menu for a thought, perhaps greyed out or omitted if the thought does not have a "shortcut" / address attachment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The only way to find my posts with 0 votes is to click Top > Show More about 10 times till all threads are listed. Even my profile won't display posts with 0 votes (caused by my having to rob them of votes in order to post more submissions).

Maybe I've overlooked a simple link to Show All, but I don't think so.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, when you paste thoughts, you don't have control over the content that gets pasted. It would be useful to have options allowing you to NOT paste associated notes, attachments and children, for example.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add an "Arrange By" thought property to set the ordering of a thought's children whenever that thought is the Active Thought in Normal View. This property should offer the same choices as the global "Arrange By" option, plus "Use global Arrange By".

When this property is not set for a given thought, it will default to "Use global Arrange By".

This request has appeared in the forums but usually in the context of other "Arrange By" topics, so I thought it might benefit from a clear statement separate from other requests.

This should be reasonably easy to implement as…

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi,

When I drag 'n drop an Outlook contact into PB, the name is copied following this convention by default:
    <first name> <middle name> <last name>

I would love an option in the PB preferences to use other masks / conventions, like:
    <middle name> <last name>, <first name>

This way, the Outlook contacts in my PB will match the convention I've used for all other names of people in my brain. Searching and finding will be easier.

Thanks,

Koen

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I've tried to like Outlook. I really have -- just so I could use the Outlook-compatible features in Brain. But every time I go from my nice, clean Thunderbird interface to the visual and security mess that is Outlook, I start to cry. If you could support Thunderbird I'd be really, really happy.

100 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It is great to allow save the extended view. However, when the view needs large amount of re-position, it will be great to be able to lesso select a group of thoughts and move them together (maintaining their relative relation within group) so that user doesn't need to move them one by one.

Or after selection, the thoughts can be grouped so that their relation will never change until un-grouped.

Lesso select may also be implement to do the multiple selection. Current Ctrl select one-by-one is really inefficient to manipulate large number of thoughts.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As they did it in MindManager! At least, please allow drawing / writing in Notes. It will be very good for all Tablet PC users. Now we see more and more touch screens even in netbooks, Tablet features are embedded in Vista and Windows 7, so many people will appreciate such possibilities :)

294 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently I am unable to use voice dictation from Windows Vista Ultimate to enter anything in personal brain. Whatever mechanism is being used in the java text entry, it is not allowing voice text dictation. This generally works in everything else I've tried. This would greatly increase the speed which thoughts could be added to the brain!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow a checkbox icon to be added/removed from a thought via right-click menu! This would be very useful in "checking" off tasks or any other items where you want want to quickly see the ideas/tasks/thought-chains/etc. you have already explored or acted on.
    This feature can be simply added or removed via the right click menu for any thought that needs it.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As per current design of PB5, it is not possible to show children thoughts more than once in an expanded outline view. So, if let's say "Marc" is a child thought of "Friends" and "Students", in expanded outline view "Marc" will only be shown as a child thought of "Friends". Thus, displaying thoughts in a comprehensive hierarchical fashion (as it is the case for instance in the outline view in MS Word) is not possible in the current version of PB. I would suggest to have an option in PB applying to the outline view which allows the user to…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My workflow consists a lot of overviewing a large amount of data at once. It frequently happens that I have an idea that I need to enter into one of the displayed thought's notes.

When I click on the thought to edit it's note. It totally rearranges my screen.

I would like to be able to "select" that thought and edit it's notes rather than "go to" or "activate" the thought I click on.

I think left click could be "goto" and "select" could be found in the context menu by right clicking, or the other way around.

Whenever the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)