Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. Having the ability to narrow down icons by category is nice. But what would really make finding icons fast and easy would be a search box where one could type in something like "fruit" and any icon tagged fruit would show up, ie icons of banana, apple, orange, etc...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There are a ton of new features the app could use, but I would love to simply see it updated to fit the new screen resolutions, even if there are no new features. This is one of the few apps that could really benefit from the bigger screens.

It's been since May 2014 that the app was was updated. It's disheartening to see it languishing on version 1.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am teaching myself to use keyboard shortcuts extensively for navigating and manipulating my brain. I want to do as much as possible from the keyboard without needing the mouse. By doing this I can keep up better with the pace of my thought.

Please please please add the ability to map an accelerator to zooming in and out!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I run meetings from TheBrain, I often prefer to prepare the meeting progression beforehand.

So far, I've created tags (1., 2., 3., and so on) so I can at least see the progression I've designed in. What I'd prefer is to use clicks or keyboard keys to advance or retreat the presentation. This feature mode would be very helpful to integrate my use of TheBrain far more broadly into my work across a global organization.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. (There is such idea here already, but it was erroneously marked as "duplicate" and can't be voted for. But it is not, and very good idea to it!)
    I think this suggestion should be implemented! I understand that it is not easy one, and it will make calculations of relational nodes positioning more complex. It may lead to longer brain draw times etc. But why not make it as an option? May be "off" by default? After all, many have good computers, and it won't be too bad for them (if coded right, that is). Look, nearly every mind mapping…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Many people use multiple applications to organise themselves, enjoying the benefits of each. Undoubtedly, their are many who use both Evernote and Personal Brain like me. Personal Brain should be able to sync to the Evernote server, using the Evernote API. This is much like other suggestions however I would like the ability to sync directly to the Evernote server and also to view Evernote notebooks as Brains. Nodes in the brains become both an Evernote note and a tag which is applied to itself and linking nodes. Personalbrain tags are also synced to Evernote. Evernote tags become nodes which…

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It's annoying when you realize your mistake and you press cancel to have to answer another question.
    One dialog with options 'attach anyway', 'move to thought', 'cancel' would suffice

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Need a 'Link Types Window' like the 'Thought Types Window' so that we can better add/manage link type collections.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Now in desktop version you can add text (note) to any link, and it is good. But! Later you will never know that this link has associated note - it won't get an icon (as thought with notes got). So right now this feature (adding notes to links) is not really useful, and it is a pity. Please, add some visual clue to the links containing notes - it becomes much more interesting!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm surprised this is not here, as I'm sure it's discussed in the forum, maybe I just haven't found it?

What I'd love to see is the ability to add thought type and tags at creation via the text entered.

So for example:
    newThought1 !thoughtType1 #tag1 #tag2, newThought2 #tag1 #tag3, newThought3 !thoughtType2

would create the thoughts (like it does now), but also allocate / create thought types and tags as required.

This would save me a whole heap of time and keep the fingers on the keyboard!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For those unfamiliar, LaTeX is a very flexible typesetting language that allows full control of anything from simple formatting to the proper display of complex formulas.
    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaTeX and http://www.latex-project.org/

I think adding the ability to parse and display LaTeX code could greatly enhance functionality without really increasing complexity of the user interface. This is a great program to store and represent just about any idea that can easily be expressed in text. I am however, sorely missing two features:
    -The ability to input cleanly formatted formulas.
    -The ability quickly draw small pictures/graphs/schematics withing the program to add them directly…

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. TheBrain use HTML to display notes. As a physicist, I often want to write math equations in LaTeX format. MathJax ( http://www.mathjax.org/ ) is very good for rendering math equations in LaTeX format. I hope math equations can be displayed in notes and thoughts.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. TheBrain should have option to dynamically:

• Create new thought,
    • Change existing thought content (entire or partially),
    • Create childe, parent and jump link,
    • Change childe, parent and jump link,
    • Change link thickness, label content of the link, link colour and One-way status,

By the scheduled Brain XML import / export option it should be achieved very easily.

Looking forward to see TheBrain feedback.

Cheers,
    Simon

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Now if you press F6 (create child) or ctrl-v (to insert text to the Note from clipboard), it will be done NOT on active thought, but on thought under mouse cursor (if there is any). Well, there is many thoughts in my "brain", so the screen is very populated. Too often my cursor accidentially moves to some other "thought", and insertion goes there! (And it is not easy to find, where?)
    Although I can imagine some scenario where "insert-under-cursor" is useful, for me this feature is just a curse. Please, make it switchable in Options (or just shut it down…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. option to search a value and replace it with another value throughout the whole brain. i.e. A company has the name 'X' and now has been rebranded to 'Y' than I 'd like to search for 'X' throughout the brain , then select the resultthoughts and choose replace 'X' with Ý'

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Faster link label entry when creating thoughts. I often know how I want to label a link when I am creating a thought. It is a huge waste of time to have two separate operations for this and the link labeling operation is extremely tedious. If I was able to type "Though name ---> Link name" in the new though creation dialog, it would be far more efficient. Multiple that by 10-100 thoughts per day.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When travelling overseas I'm subject to heavy roaming charges and limited data allocations - BUT I keep everything in my PB.

You've now created the iOS app, thank you! Please add the option to save and run locally. That will enable me to load up at the office, update in the field, and sync when I'm back to base.

That would be a HUGE improvement over scrounging for a wi-fi hotspot or blowing my entire data allowance on background checking a lead.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Could calendar somehow be accessible in webbrain?
    That way I could work completely from within my brain. Currently when NOT having access to desktop, I have events in gmail calendar but don't see the thoughts they are related to.... so it's somewhat limited ....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?