Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. Each time I don't find a thought immediately I wish add the synonym or keyword that did not find it.
    But adding to its name makes the name not very handy for other purposes.
    What about an additional field like Label where we could enter as many related words as we want. And quick search reports on them.
    Alternative that I have to use up to now is: defining a jump thought with all the words in its name and giving it a distinct type or tag like "keywords".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I found a way to sync between external softwares and Personal Brain through clipboard. If ESP sync supports activation by guid, then I can store this guid in external softwares and copy it to the clipboard so that ESP will activate the corresponding Thought.
    This feature is quite easy to implement.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Just as a thought can be easily Tagged or Typed on a right click, Brain should allow the user to select from a group of Parent thoughts. The user would maintain a list of the most needed Parent nodes, changeable with the day's project. Saves a lot of navigating and attaching gates when you have a bunch of imported thoughts to categorize and file, or any stack of items, books, quotes or ideas to add efficiently to your Brain.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I suggest that if you attach more than one image to a node / thought that they can be switched / circled through with the mousewheel like a slide show. At the moment one sees only one image and a number in the corner how much more there are.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sharing the same search field and Search button between 2 quite different search methods can be confusing and counterproductive.

See here for details:
    http://websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=3183947

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I need a way to be able to collect individual attachments from multiple thoughts into one location.

The example is that I have many individual thoughts for employee ID photos. As it is now I have to select all those thoughts, copy, paste into new brain. Open Explorer and search for the file type in that brains directory to collect all the attachments. Perhaps we can have a context menu item in the selection pane that allows us to "collect attachments" under one thought as COPIES. The thought could be the parent or a newly created jump thought to the…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Giving properties and attachments their own tabs results in more visible real estate for the attachments. One can see more attachments without increasing the default size of that window.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I like the idea of having the labels, types and tags appear under the thought when the mouse over the thought. However, a hot key to hide them at will would be nice when the mouse is over the thought so they do not interfere with viewing the links to that thought.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Personal Brain 5.0 has added some great capabilities in the area of node layout (save expanded views, outline view etc.) bit it still feels 'cluttered'. I think that these simple changes would make the graphs more appealing.

• Mouse wheel drag (with keyboard shortcut) to increase/decrease distance between nodes, e.g. child nodes and parent, horizontal, vertical, sibblings etc.

• Ability to hide link and node types. I'm not implying a more advanced filtering, but simply keep everything, but if link or node are of this type - make them invisible, don't draw them.

• Node layouts - especially in outline view, top down,…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If you click on "Close Brain" for a large brain, PB doesn't actually close the file. It returns you to the Welcome screen. But when you click on the brain name to reopen it, it'll say "The Brain XXX is Already Open." Only apparent option is to end the program and fire it up again.

Nothing wrong with deferred indexing and restructuring, if that's what's going on, but the user needs a progress meter and a clear indication that a Brain is available or unavailable.

Memory management seems much improved in 5.0.1.3. But usage ticks up continually as you work…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some Greek characters are showing up as a square box when I try to paste thought names. I have verified that the characters are valid by cut/paste into MS Word. I tried changing the default font in the plex to times new roman since that is what it was in MS Word. Any chance of getting Greek characters available in PB5?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have 50+ tags, so if I hit the letter 'Q' then it should jump to the first 'Q' on the list, just like it does in the drop-down list of the reports

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I don't really need to see the tags in the label when they are also presented in the plex. Can we get an option to either show or hide the tags in the mouse over label? It could be in the tag preferences or it could be a global setting.

I think I would like it imlpemented as a global setting, but we all use PB differently. What do you think?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Now I am importing a lot of mindmanager files into my Brain.
    In the latest version of PersonalBrain, there is a very nice feature called "link to existing" when pasting outline from clipboard. Can theBrain guys make this also available when the user is doing importing?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like the possibility for some thoughts to select another background image. This could be used as extra info, for presentations and so on. If this should be combined with the timeline wish there should be a possibility to define how musg real estate in the plax that should go to timeline and how much for the normal background. I realize that the timeline may com in the form af another tag, but wouldn't it look great if it was part of the background that gave an indication of where in your timeline you were?

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add regex to all searches, instead of just wildcard.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Displaying crossing lines, particularly those which join thoughts above and below the (currently) Active thought can result in a messy and cluttered Plex and we ought to be able to turn them off.

Examples:
    1) Lines connecting a jump thought (of the Active thought) to one of the Active thought's parents or siblings.
    2) Lines connecting one of the Active thought's children to its parents, siblings, or even a jump thought.

Consider the active thought to be on the "equator" of the plex; we should not need to see lines that cross the equator, even if they're dimmed.

If you…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

FYI, these “extra” links are already shown dimmed at half strength. Also, if you want less distractions, you can turn off the display of all links entirely until mouseover in Preferences.

18. A feature to create a new brain file from a thought.

If i have a thought called "Project Something" i can choose to move this thought to a new brain file where "Project Something" will be the main title/topic of the brain and all the childrens are added as thoughts.

Usage example:
    - You have topics you will no longer work on (like a finished project or notes for a completed school subject) and you want to remove this topic from your brain without deleting the thoughts for ever. With this feature you can archive those kind of thoughts to…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ctrl+scroll functionality in the expanded view is rudimentary at best and frustrating for navigation. It does not correctly alter the distance between all thoughts at the same rate.

I propose a new feature be added to allow zooming in/out of the entire brain structure for easier navigation of the expanded view, (much like being able to zoom in/out of google earth and slide the globe around to a different location).

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. – a search across brains

would by the way solve the one-brain-many-brain-problem.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?