Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

250 results found

  1. TheBrain isn't my primary todo location but I find it extremely useful, and lets face it, easy, to add them directly into the thoughts they apply to. But then they are a bit lost for me when managing my day. I want to be able to access them via MCP or API's directly so I can have them as part of my overall task management system. That way Cerebro could also work with them as right now it can't help me even from inside the brain!

    3 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I insert a link that points to a PDF, I'd like to direclty download into Brain/Thought pdf files instead of or in addition to link.
    Actually it's possible download it to disk, as it happens in browser, and then attach to the thoughts.

    And if I open a PDF from a thought and for example make some highlights or add some comments directly from TheBrain, when saving it has to direclty update in the thoughts, not to an external folder.

    4 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Use Cerebro to add events or reminders related to a thought. As of .509 we have to manually create a reminder or event related to the selected thought. For example, a reminder to do something related to the note in *** days. This would be much easier if we could say to Cerebro "Set a reminder on the timeline to check on the status of the selected thought".

    4 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. After adding a tag the drop down list always jumps back to the top. Since i have a long list I always have to scroll down to mark additional tags.

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There are many helpful short cuts to handle TB from keyboard. However one essentual short cut is missing: open context menu of a selected thought corresponding to the right click by mouse. This would reduce grapping the mouse alot.

    2 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'm trying to copy an email into a thought as an attachment from MacMail. I can grab in in MacMail and can place it as a child / parent ... or as an attachment. Each time (and in each place) TheBrain 15.101 says it's attached ... but it's not.

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. use case was imported thoughts with child thoughts that had attachments. I asked the AI to move the attachments to the parent and remove the child thoughts, to cleanup. it understood, but the api to move the attachment is not available

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I’d like to see an option to import Events and attach them directly to existing Thoughts in TheBrain.

    What I’m looking for:

    Import events from CSV (or other supported formats) and link them to an existing Thought

    Options for duplicates (skip/update/merge) when an event with the same date/title already exists.

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I was excited by the Cerebro in TheBrain 15. Finally, a feature that matches what so many competitors have.

    However, this is not an AI engine. It's a simple integration between TheBrain API and an LLM. It is so frustrating not to be able to search for example 'thoughts about sport'.

    The problem is, I need to know what I am looking for before I start looking for it. Otherwise I can't pass literal information to TheBrain API. This is poor and counterintuitive.

    I asked Cerebro about this and it said, perhaps I can literally search through a list of…

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I cannot figure out how to expand and collapse generations in 15.0.95. Has this functionality not migrated to later versions of TheBrain 15? This is a major gap if so.

    4 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement an "Advanced Search" button/capability where more than one thoughts (or fragments of thought names) can be specified. Example:
    The Adv Srch form would open with one entry: a search box for entry of text, a dropdown button labeled "relationship" with values of parent|child|jump, and a button with a + to add an additional search entry line. Any number of search entry lines could be added. The default would be "all" logic in that the search would return all thoughts for which all the search entries are true. Perhaps an "any" option could/should be included.

    7 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. With V15, hero images can now come from thought attachments, but not with JFIF extension.
    Add JFIF file for hero image.

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi, I looked into the roadmap for version 15 and didn't see anything about dual screen support for TheBrain. Let me clarify, of course you can have two screens installed and have TheBrain running. But you can't choose to have the plex on one screen and the notes on another. This way you would be able to expand the visual interaction with both areas to the max.
    I know there is a lot of people out there that are working on multiple screens, wouldn't it be a great idea to have TheBrain expand across your entire screen(s) field? No more…

    24 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Reintroduction of the old 8 version features

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. While having the URL of a Thought is fantastic and works well, I would like to see an option to create a URL pointing to data (or a file) in other places, such as Notes. My use case is as follows: I have a QRCode label on my circuit breakers that points to a Thought. I scan the label on my phone, which takes me to that Thought. From there, I navigate to the Notes section and am able to pull up my spreadsheet with circuit information for that panel. Not a HUGE issue, but it would provide ease of…

    2 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Being able to customize the "comma" delimiter would help provide clarity and identify purpose.

    Thought > Child or Child > Thought

    with other symbols like / @ $ or whatever.

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have been testing out Cerebro on 15.0.86, and I do believe it is truly a game-changer. The regular brain AI is much less sophisticated and I have found it of limited use. Cerebro, on the other hand, will become a core part of my organizational routine especially as it gets better at searching (finding all relevant thoughts rather than a limited number, etc.).

    3 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. working with AI in the note section: when I customize a prompt I get an output however my prompt is invisible. For later actions I would like to remember how I formulated my prompt. So it would be of great help if the output would start with repeating my prompt.

    1 vote
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I already made a comment on another post but I thought it would maybe be also worth as a own post.

    It seems to me that TheBrain project seems to focus on utility and beeing an organize your tasks and thoughts project, because it can not really compete with normal AI as a knowledgebase and it shouldn't. But I think there could be an awesome way for the future to share your thoughts with others:

    I was interested in making my own AI and it is quite a hard task if you have some unconventional view on something, but in…

    3 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I export .PDF or .HTML the little todo square list items - do not show up for print - missing both in .PDF and .HTML-

    but I wondered why not CTRL (CMD) + P just the selected text directly from the content - the only work arround seems to screen capture and then print - but my "system 1" wants to save seconds in a busy moment before a meeting

    3 votes
    Vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?