Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. It's surprising that the "pin list" feature of PB does not support a sort of "wrapping." When we have many pin items, then it would be nice to see the pin items arrayed in multiple rows, like the following:

Pin 1        Pin 2       ...    Pin N
    Pin N+1    Pin N+2   ...    Pin M

I really wish PB to support the feature.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Once you'll fix copy-pasting of the images into the notes, it would be nice to have inking and sketching there, using a stylus, digitizer, or whatever — just like it is in MS OneNotes — so a user could have a mix of text, images, sketches and hand-written content in the notes for a thought.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I love the cross mapping functionality of theBrain. However, I find myself using Evernote more and more since it is so easy to clip interesting articles using a bookmarklet. I recommend theBrain to develop a chrome/firefox add-in that will allow users to clip articles/url and "thought tag" them.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This would be a significant step forward in searching web clips, pictures. When researching I use SNAGIT 9, to clip snippets of information which retains context of original information source.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I've read in several places that "Spotlight integration is already completed in version 5.0.0.9", but that's not true. Yes, you can search Spotlight -from- PB. But you could do that the long way already: by going all the way up to the Spotlight icon on the menu bar...

The more interesting integration is the other way round! I want to find my PB thoughts in Spotlight, the same way I find address cards, e-mails, and documents today. As of 5.0.2, you index the attachments, but not the thoughts themselves.

Please index the thoughts!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In Expanded View (up through at least 5.0.4.0 on Windows), clicking on a thought both makes that thought the active thought and ALSO "expands" the thought, potentially adding making additional thoughts and links visible in the plex.

If the user plans on saving the view, expanding each thought when clicked "wrecks" the view, requiring repeated extra effort to collapse the unwanted thoughts around the active thought.

This also makes it very difficult to visit different thoughts in the view to see and possibly edit the thought's Notes (or other Tool windows)

Please change Expanded View so that clicking on a…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It is great to allow save the extended view. However, when the view needs large amount of re-position, it will be great to be able to lesso select a group of thoughts and move them together (maintaining their relative relation within group) so that user doesn't need to move them one by one.

Or after selection, the thoughts can be grouped so that their relation will never change until un-grouped.

Lesso select may also be implement to do the multiple selection. Current Ctrl select one-by-one is really inefficient to manipulate large number of thoughts.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I use the simple HTML export option to create a website that I can access from my BlackBerry. BlackBerry and most other portable devices are not able to open WebBrain sites.
    A thought html-page created in this way, displays not only parent, child and jump thoughts, but also all thought's siblings, which creates in my case a very large overhead that consumes a lot of storage on the web server and makes html pages very large, slow to load and difficult to read on my BlackBerry. I use a brain for collecting information on classical music and my classical music…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like the ability for the "Show Sibling" feature to be able to be disabled for WEBBRAIN just as it can be Personal Brain. I want to roll the tool
    out to non-technical people and this makes it far easier for them to understand and navigate. In short, for when this feature is disabled in Personal Brain for it to synch as such to Web Brain.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to request an option to automatically create a brainzip when closing out of PB. I use PB at home and at the office and it is frustrating when I forget to update my thumb drive with the most recent brainzip to transfer from one location to another. Having an option to automatically save a brainzip to a thumb drive would help me to keep both locations in sync.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to have the child thought (and also the parent thoughts) left-aligned within the columns.

Now thay are centered which makes skimming the child-thoughts list for the thought you want to open harder than it has to be. Especially when you use numbering for a certain order of presentation it is nice to have the numbers under each other.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow creatin hyperlinks to bookbmarks within a Word or HTML file. That would allow navigating through a large Word document using the plex.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In PersonaBrain I can hide tags hints, but when exported to Webbrain they are visible, which can make it very hard to view in complex thought nets. Mouse over could be one solution, or a feature in webbrain to switch on/off tag hints.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The idea is to allow our brain to "enrich itself" by allowing the user to suscribe to RSS feeds.
    It's a cool way to centralize more information and allow us to keep up-to-date.

Imagine: You go on the "RSS Feeds" tab to read your favorite news. You can click on a particular news into the feed to transform it to thought.
    In the same time (if you choosed it), the (optional) RSS thoughts generates virtual (and temporary) thoughts from all news inside of it, to make them more visible. The news url could even be automatically attached to each virtual…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In OS X it is easy to make your application scriptable. Then one can integrate the Brain in a workflow, automate tasks and many more interesting things.

And see to that you get an iPhone version out soon!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be wonderful to complete the cycle by not only drag and drop from outlook to brain but also from brain to outlook.
    Automatic Sycnronization will be major accomplishment. Having all the Brain information on our PDA (PocketPC) or blackberry....through tools that we already using with Outlook can be a great help to us. This way we can have on our PDAs events, task, calendars etc...integrated on our mobile devices
    Regards
    Jean Stephan

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to have the oppurtunity to create a thought with multiple lines. If you have a ´long´ thougt it will be filling the plex boundiries.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. would be very helpful to get PB Calender synchronized into Outlook Calender (e.g. to get dates and reminders also on mobile devices like Balckberry)Thanks Claus

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This might just be under Linux (?), but it's a killer for me:

Enter a note, type Ctrl-F for search, enter Text, hit search, voila. Now go to another thought, F5 for notes, hit Ctrl-F: the search field is empty again, "match case" is deselected again (e.g.) etc.

Also there could be an option to "save search history note wise" vs "save search history brain wise"

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would like to see the ability to attached an Alert to a thought based on templates, kinda like tags. Maybe even add an additional data to tags. You click on the Tomorrow tag, and it will attach an alert for tomorrow morning to the active thought, and the next morning you will have an alert based on how you configured your time tag, maybe even repeats. There would probably need to be a "overdue" item or something similar.
    Just something quick to click on

Few examples
    Tomorrow-Morning--Tomorrow-8:00am
    Tomorrow--Tomorrow-12:00am
    End of work-week--Friday 4:00pm
    First of next Month--Next month--12:00am

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)