Skip to content

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Do you have an idea for TheBrain? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Contribute your ideas and vote for your favorites. Your feedback will help shape the future.

When posting ideas, please limit yourself to one idea per post – otherwise people can’t vote on each of your ideas.

TheBrain Feature Suggestions

Categories

1101 results found

1. Many files are larger than 50mb. The limit of 50mb for file sizes prevents a true back up of your entire brain file. If you are trying to keep 2 computers synched, this poses an additional challenge requiring frequent manual backup and restore.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Imagine you have two children: "John" and "Lynn" for example:

Both under John and Lynn, you make a child-node called "school" and under the node "school" you make another child-node, called "friends". You have now
    -> "John < school < friends"
    -> "Lynn < school < friends"

Imagine you are organizing a birthday party for John and you want to make a jump to John's schoolfriends, then you drag out a jump from the node "birthday party" and start typing "friends" in the searchbox. The searchbox will now suggest two similar lines:
    -> "friends < school"
    -> "friends < school"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great to be able to assign a category for each though so that you could view your brain tree with any give category filter.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The idea is to allow our brain to "enrich itself" by allowing the user to suscribe to RSS feeds.
    It's a cool way to centralize more information and allow us to keep up-to-date.

Imagine: You go on the "RSS Feeds" tab to read your favorite news. You can click on a particular news into the feed to transform it to thought.
    In the same time (if you choosed it), the (optional) RSS thoughts generates virtual (and temporary) thoughts from all news inside of it, to make them more visible. The news url could even be automatically attached to each virtual…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As the idea is to completely use THEBRAIN as the user interface it currently still is missing one important feature to use it professionally. This is the versioning of thought and attachment feature. Currently I must still rely on a third party tool and either integrate somehow.

405 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. TheBrain (as of version 7.0.4.5 on OSX ) doesn't import the text notes of an OPML document exported from other outliners on the Mac, only the headlines.

The only way to be able to import the text notes right now, is to open the OPML file in a text editor, and manually replace all occurences of the attribute "_notes" with "description" , save the file again , then import it in Brain. This is what support suggested to do to be able to have the text notes appear in the correct place, in the Notes section of Brain.

However ,…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When using the "Analyze main thoughts" feature in the case of e.g. a Calendar thought in your brain with a huge amount of children (each day for several years), the balance of the circles is shifted so much towards this Calendar thought, that you could not determine differences for the important thoughts and their children.

I propose to include a function, with which it is possible to exclude thoughts from this calculation or do the calculation for selected thoughts and their children.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I need to control and communicate my growing repository of Tags in relation to a set of Thoughts. In my case Thoughttypes Article, Interview, Lecture.
    As far as I know it is not possible to export a list of Thoughts with their Tags.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I notice that there are a number of suggestions regarding the integration of various kinds of scripting language. A scripting language of pretty much any kind would probably allow the kind of functions that I am interested in. As well as allowing many of the other suggestions raised in this forum.

It's a shame that all of the requests for scripting mention a particular, different scripting language. It means that support for scripting is spread across multiple suggestions and so is not as broadly supported or recognised as it should be.

At the risk of spreading the support even thiner…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. From a browser, if you like a page URL you can send it to your PB active thought or to a specified thought (same functionality you have for the Win Explorer right click "send to".
    This idea is also similar or set/subset of " Have an 'inject' into brain capabilty" and "Email or text a Thought or Note into my Brain"
    Ideas

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. sometimes I want to connect a thought in the plex with a thought I have made central in the near past.

This is easy if the thought is in the recent thought list at the bottom of the screen. However, it it was more than 6-7 thoughts ago, it isn't in the recent thought list.

I can currently left click through the recent thought list - slow, difficult.
    I want to shift click on the left arrow (or some such thing) and have the recent thought list (the last 50?) come up as a vertical list (like the search completion…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the Brain owner in a TeamBrain to define and assign different "Roles" to other brain users in the team. Each role could be defined as a set of permissions that TeamBrain admins can set.

Also add a third property to each though that specify its visibility scope according to the roles.

This could help the brain admin of concealing sensitive information from other users in the brain... and that is a key issue in hierarchical organization...

The concept is very simple actually, and i know it is not difficult to program...

I think by adding this feature... TheBrain and…

144 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In this new vision you can use easily the brain software on your Tablet.Like bobbles you can drag and drop each section of your brain , itemizing your brain will be according to their alarm time and you can see the relative bobble in another color and showing its emergent program.
    main topics of the day will be shown in the first page and new method will evaluate your appearance every day in addition to suggesting you the appropriate arrangement of daily programs.
    you can load your clothes on the software and according to the daily climate it will suggest…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. BrainEKP has the ability to add discussions to thoughts - this makes total sense. I'd like to see this feature percolate down the TheBrain and TeamBrain.

while I don't want this idea to be a discussion about Rizzoma (reinvention of Google Wave) - I do want to acknowledge I am attaching Rizzoma pages to thoughts as a workaround.

I would love to see a tighter integration and really feel if all of us got in the habit of creating "thought hyperlinks" in our discussions, it would add to the connectedness of our brains.

even better yet, you can imagine TheBrain…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. the longer I use "the brain" the more I am enthused.

there is only one little thing I miss... is it possible to open a specific thougth at an assigned time set within the calender ???

this would be important to me, as I have to update some lists at specific days and hours...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. essentially a saved, predetermined "wander." Maybe this could be done with a different type of pin? Either numerical, or possibly even with timing?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I corporate environments there are many other calendar server systems we are forced to use, and CalDav is well supported standard for talking between clients and servers. Being able to use TheBrain calendar as the interface for managing those calendars would be a big plus.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It is currently cumbersome to link or drag email from outlook to Brain. Would it be possible to enable emails to be received directly into the Brain.

Effectively, an email client or option to sync with outlook inbox automatically (activesynch?)

Would make the system a much more comprehensive knowledge management tool.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There are a number of older forum entries and more recent feature suggestions regarding thought and link visualization/visibility as a function of priority/importance/relevance/value. Some have suggested improved visualization (bigger size, bolder color thoughts) by use, by connectivity, or by customized scales. TheBrain should implement all of these, especially customized scales, allowing the user to determine various levels of priority for various goals (e.g. a 1-7 scale of “priority for daily health” or “priority for ________ research project,” or whatever priority scale you want). With scales, visualization could be more subtle than filter on/off (show/hide). Users could decide in each moment…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?